Hi, I'm Mark Mulhall and I have been building websites for over 20 years in the Los Angeles area, specializing in cost effective marketing for small business. Beyond that, I have worked for many years in Marketing and Promotion with performers of all types - actors, models, musicians, comedianes, magicians and others. I offer my clients easy to use website designs that are effective and easy for them to update. I use the Joomla development platform for most of my designs. Joomla is a dynamic content management system (CMS) that seperates the design from the content.
This has many advantages:
- Everything is "in the cloud" - Make changes from any web browser (including on tablets and smartphones), no files to loose!
- Easily update content - Allows you to change text, pictures and other content on your own, from anywhere.
- Frequent and easy content updates help your standing on search engines.
- Easily update design - Switching out the design is much simpler and cost effective than a static site.
- Joomla is open source - No proprietary files to worry about in the future. No company to go out of business or "merge" and disapear.
- The website is dynamic - All your content stays current. Your calendar events, social networking, online visitors and more.
Please look around, and feel free to contact me for a free quote or consultation, or with any questions you may have.
You are about to get a website built for your business. You are looking forward to seeing the results of their creative efforts. So far so good. Once the website is setup, and the customers start rolling in, you will want to make ongoing changes. These could be very small, such as changing a phone number, or adding a news item. New products, or shifts in business direction, will necessitate larger updates to the site. Chances are, though, you will still be happy with the design, and it’s just the text that needs to be changed. While the web design house did a great job, you don’t want to have to go back to them for every change. A hundred small changes in a year will leave you both frustrated, and is not economic for either party. This is where a content management system (CMS) comes in. Sitting behind the scenes, it gives you the ability to maintain your own site. No website larger than a few pages should be without a CMS to manage it.
Joomla offers web site owners and developers great features and benefits. To start, Joomla! is free open source. Great new features and improvements are added with each release. With the help and advice of an incredible user community Joomla has become an award-winning application. Joomla is well supported by a community of developers and service providers. Most web hosting service providers support Joomla installations. In essence, Joomla is fast growing with a great support structure.